Joomla and Drupal have different areas in which they excel. Drupal has a superior architectural component while Joomla exhibits better functionality. Some find Joomla’s simplistic design and development usability very appealing, while others prefer Drupal’s reliable program documentation. Both Joomla and Drupal include features such as free banner management modules and MySQL database support.
Websites that have appropriated either a Joomla or Drupal CMS will run fast and do not require the use of extensive server resources. The Drupal CMS lacks technical strength in areas such as Event Calendars, Shopping Cart Functionality, Layout themes and Document Management.
On the other hand the Joomla CMS has a weaker architectural component and lacks strength in areas such as content and multi-site management, user permission, and standard’s compliance. Listed below are some of Joomla and Drupal’s features.
- Installation process and set-up is quick and easy
- Offers limited program documentation
- Its design is simplistic and its development usability is easy
- Offers a lot of commercial and well designed templates that can be added to you site
- Joomla excels in functional elements
- Is exceptionally user-friendly and easy to upgrade
- The installation process of Drupal is complex
- Drupal contains good program documentation
- It is search engine friendly and it can be configured for friendly URLs
- Complex web design and development usability
- It exhibits great configuration and exceptional SEO
- Even though it does not give you the added leverage of allowing multiple templates per site, Drupal does allow different themes to be allocated to specific pages